In this episode –
- What is Narrative Therapy (NT)?
- Principles/assumptions of NT
- Multi-storied lives
- The expert of your life
- 14 Days AFT Challenge / Story SMASH!er / Heart’s Desire Sessions
- Try the free Life Story Plot exercise
Sound Bites –
- The goal of narrative therapy Narrative Therapy is to be a respectful, non-blaming approach to counselling and community work, which centres people as the experts in their own lives.
- In narrative treatment, problems are considered to be outside forces that enter people’s lives and rewrite the basic text of who they are.
- The beauty of externalization is that it creates space for people to be able to explore new and different perspective on the issue.
- Stories are how we relate to one another, and how we create meaning for our lives.
- Micheal White and David Epston (1990) explored the idea of a multi-storied version of life.
- Your narrative therapist/coach will approach your sessions with the belief that you are the expert of your life.
- Your narrative therapist/coach is a non-judgmental collaborator who helps you address the problem, and to co-author a more nurturing story.
- Narrative Therapy guides a person to identify their values.
- There is so much power and liberation from re-writing a disempowering stories.
- The commitment to stay the course is vital.
- Re-authoring your story also means that first and foremost, we need to discover what is the dominant story that you have been living with.
- Life Story Plot exercise gives you a first hand taste of how NT can powerfully help you to wear a more empowering lens in life, and to reset how you feel about yourself.
Free gifts –
Transcript is available here.
Resources mentioned –
Website – www.joyleng.com
Online Courses/Coaching Services | Be My Affiliate – joylight.teachable.com
Email: me (at) joyleng.com
FB – Joy Leng
Sign up to get the latest updates and
get the free Life Story Plot exercise
- Shakti on Fire FB Group
- Shakti on Fire Meetup Group
- My latest book, From Zero to Shakti
- Free Chapter Giveaway of my book
- Online Courses/Coaching
- Free 2 chapters of Warrior Goddess Training
- Warrior Goddess in Singapore
- Free Coaching Series for women (Shakti on Fire 4 Parts Series)
Audio Credits –
- You Gotto Be (Desiree)